Brow lamination is a popular cosmetic procedure that can help to reshape and set the brows in a desired shape. While it can be done professionally, a few DIY kits are available for those looking to do it at home. Unfortunately, as a non-professional, it’s possible to make mistakes in the process of using an eyebrow lamination kit, which can result in less-than-ideal results. It’s important to understand which step went wrong during the lamination process and try to avoid these mistakes as much as possible. This article will explore the reasons for brow lamination gone wrong when using an eyebrow lamination kit and what you can do to prevent them.
What Is Brow Lamination?
The principle of eyebrow lamination is to attach artificial hair of a certain length to real eyebrows to increase their thickness and shape. These artificial hairs are usually made from natural or synthetic materials, including polyester, nylon, silk, and synthetic fibers. They can match real eyebrows’ texture, shape, and color, creating a more natural and three-dimensional effect.
Eyebrow lamination is a common beauty technique that makes eyebrows appear thicker and more three-dimensional. It involves layering hair on the forehead to increase the thickness and shape of the eyebrows. However, some problems may arise during the lamination process, such as uneven layers or mismatched colors.
Causes Of A Brow Lamination Gone Wrong
However, there may be some problems with eyebrow lamination. Here are a few possible reasons for brow lamination gone wrong:
- Inappropriate eyebrow lamination techniques or methods. Eyebrow lamination requires experience and skill, which may result in uneven layers.
- Incorrect aftercare following eyebrow lamination. Proper aftercare is necessary after eyebrow lamination, such as avoiding cosmetics and face washes containing alcohol and chemicals.
- Skin sensitivity or allergies. If your skin is sensitive or allergic, you may experience discomfort or itching. Before using an eyebrow lamination product, you must perform a sensitivity test on your ear skin to ensure that your skin does not react adversely.
- When using an ICONSIGN eyebrow lamination kit at home, the pH of the product may also cause errors during the lamination process. The pH of ICONSIGN’s eyebrow lamination and eyelash lifting kits is relatively mild, so it’s important to take your time when processing your eyebrows after using the kit. This is because the time for cysteine to take effect is slower, which causes less damage to natural eyebrows.
How To Fix A Brow Lamination Gone Wrong
Many reasons can cause mistakes in layered eyebrows, so you should choose corresponding solutions for different reasons. The most direct method is to wait patiently for natural eyebrow growth:
Wait for eyebrows to grow naturally. When you feel that the effect of your layered eyebrows is unsatisfactory, time is the best solution: wait for natural eyebrows to grow out. You need to keep your eyebrows clean and ensure that they look neat and tidy every day. Although it may be difficult, this method is very healthy and effective. The growth cycle is about 1-3 months. During this short period, eyebrows will slowly grow, and new eyebrows will not have residual layered products. The most important thing is to apply nourishing lotion to your eyebrows daily.
- Use a clean cotton swab to apply the curling lotion to the overly messy eyebrows, gently brush them to make them smooth, and slowly apply the curling lotion until the eyebrows become smooth. The whole process takes 2-5 minutes.
- Gently press a makeup cotton pad on the eyebrows and slowly remove the curling lotion.
- Apply nourishing oil to the eyebrows with a clean spiral brush, ensuring that every part of the eyebrows is covered with nourishing oil.
- Make sure each step is correct, and finally, use an eyebrow brush to tidy up the eyebrows to the best state.
Wash off the products. Once you find that the effect of layered eyebrows is wrong, you can wash off the products on the eyebrows. You can use a makeup cotton pad to clean the solution on the eyebrows gently and then use a cotton swab to clean the residue at the root of the eyebrows. After ensuring that the eyebrows are thoroughly clean, apply nourishing lotion. You can also choose to apply other nourishing oils.
If you have completed brow lamination, your next step is to take care of your brows to ensure the effect lasts longer. Here are some tips for caring for your brows:
1.Avoid getting your brows wet
In the 24-48 hours after brow lamination, try to keep your brows as dry as possible and avoid sweating. When washing your face, cover your brows with cling wrap to prevent them from getting wet.
2.Protect your brows
After completing brow lamination, you must keep your brows away from light, sweat, and steam for 24 hours to ensure long-lasting and perfectly shaped brows. To protect your brows, create a safe and dry environment as much as possible.
3.Avoid touching brows with hands.
After brow lamination, try to avoid touching your brows with your hands, as your hands may secrete liquids that can affect the lamination effect. In addition, if the weather is too hot, your hands may sweat a lot, which can also affect the shape of your brows.
By correctly using the solutions mentioned above, you can effectively fix any mistakes that may occur during brow lamination. Of course, you can also use the ICONSIGN brow lamination kit, which is easy to use and complete at home, to restore your brows to their best condition easily.